Tuesday January 19th 2010 LOS ANGELES: Did Dennis Hopper’s daughter Marin Hopper “instigate” his divorce?
Hopper was born in Dodge City, Kansas, the son of Marjorie Mae (née Davis) and Jay Millard Hopper. After the end of World War II, the family moved to Kansas City, Missouri, where the young Hopper attended Saturday art classes at the Kansas City Art Institute taught by Thomas Hart Benton. At the age of 13, Hopper and his family moved to San Diego, where his mother worked as a lifeguard instructor and his father was a post office manager (Hopper has acknowledged, though, that his father was in the OSS, the precursor to the CIA). Hopper was educated at Wooster School, Danbury, Connecticut and was voted most likely to succeed by his high school class (Helix High School, La Mesa, California, a suburb of San Diego). It was there he developed an interest in acting, studying at the Old Globe Theatre in San Diego, California and the Actors Studio in New York City (studied with Lee Strasberg for five years). Hopper struck up a friendship with actor Vincent Price, whose passion for art influenced Hopper's interest in art. He was especially fond of the plays of William Shakespeare.
Hopper has been married five times and has four children.
* Brooke Hayward (born 1937) (daughter of Leland Hayward) (married 1961 – divorced 1969) 1 child, daughter Marin Hopper (born on June 26, 1962)
* Michelle Phillips (born 1944) (October 31, 1970 – November 8, 1970) (divorced)
* Daria Halprin (born 1948) (married 1972 - divorced 1976) 1 child, daughter Ruthanna Hopper (born circa 1974)
* Katherine LaNasa (born 1966) (married June 17, 1989 – divorced April 1992) 1 child, son Henry Lee Hopper (born on September 11, 1990)
* Victoria Duffy (born 1968) (married April 13, 1996 – present) 1 child, daughter Galen Grier Hopper (born on March 26, 2003)
ca. 1955 photograph of Dennis Hopper waiting for his pasta at Musso and Frank’s Grill on Hollywood Boulevard, pre-Rebel Without a Cause.
DENNIS HOPPER’S “THE LAST MOVIE” | THE FILM THAT BURIED A VISIONARY
2009 August 23
Dennis Hopper is one hell of a good photographer////
Dennis Hopper in 'Giant'
Giant (1956) A Texas-sized post:
November 12, 1990: With a New Wife, Son and Movie Uneasy Rider Dennis Hopper Hopes to Find the Hot Spot Back on Top
Dennis Lee Hopper,
Katherine Lee LaNasa Hopper, 23
Henry Lee Hopper, a 2-month-old bundle of boy
NY Social Diary
Hopper in love. In the men’s room of Michael’s Restaurant, there are framed black and white photographs taken by Dennis Hopper.
Andy Warhol, Henry Geldzahler, David Hockney and David Goodman photographed by Dennis Hopper in 1963.March 16th, 2009
Actor and artist Dennis Hopper curates two exhibitions to honor long-time Taos friendships—and to mark the 40th anniversary of Easy Rider